If you have a diploma or degree in agriculture or environmental science from outside of Canada, and you wish to apply for registration, you will need the following:

  • Your original transcript(s) or notarized copies will be accepted (photocopies and scans of originals are not accepted). If your transcripts are not in English, a translated copy is also required.
  • Specialized International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) assessment or World Education Services (WES) assessment on diploma or degree(s). Please be aware these assessments may take several months. Click here for more information.
  • Proof of ability to work in Canada. This may be a photocopy or scan of your work permit, permanent resident card (front and back), or Canadian citizenship card (front and back).

In Alberta, regulated members practicing agrology are either Professional Agrologists (PAg) or Registered Technologists in Agrology (RTAg). Those enrolled in the In-Training Program are registered as Agrologists In-Training (AIT) or Agrology Technologists In-Training (ATT). To find out more about these designations, click here. The educational requirements for admission to Alberta Institute of Agrologists is here.

To apply, click below.

New Applicant


The Alberta Institute of Agrologists operates in accordance with the Privacy Information Protection Act of Alberta. Accordingly, we will collect, process, store, retrieve and disseminate information as needed to fulfil our duties as outlined in the Agrology Profession Act, while protecting the privacy of individuals as required by the Privacy Information Protection Act of Alberta.

For further information, contact the Alberta Institute of Agrologists by telephone (780) 435-0606 or email.